oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Schumacher (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Schumacher Cat SX3 diff (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125598)

DiggerAde 28-03-2013 06:58 AM

Schumacher Cat SX3 diff
 
Hi all,

Hi all im new here can anyone help me set up the diff on a cat sx3? i have built mine exactly as described in the build manual (tighten until the washers are flat then back off 90 degrees) but when the car is together if you turn any wheel the other 3 turn in the same direction surely this isnt coerrect :yawn:

Any advise you can give will be much appreciated !!:thumbsup:

hansie 28-03-2013 08:10 AM

diff
 
Hello,Is there a motor installed?Have you turned a wheel while holding the spur?GreetingsHans

Tobamory 28-03-2013 11:03 AM

funnily enough so does mine

if I turn the front all wheel turn

If I turn the back only the back turns, I hazard a guess front diffs to tight, but ive just emailed the guys at Schumacher and see what comes back.

problem I had with mine digger was that if I left the front too slack th rear end would spin out. I was told that if you hold the spur, and twist the back wheels, you should feel slightly less resistance on them then repeating for the front. the front should be slightly stronger

mines a K1 but I think more or less the same

Tobamory 28-03-2013 12:04 PM

digger ive done mine its your front diff its too tight

Thanks to Tom at Schumacher

Basics are.

Hold the spur gear and turn the front wheel if all turn then its too tight,
Slacken it off slightly and test, when you spin the front the other front should go opposite way, if this doesn't then slacken more, as long as all wheels don't turn

he also mentioned as I said above try get the front slight tighter than the back, you will be able to tell by turn them when one feels more resistance than the other and does the proposed action of rotating the opposite wheel

DiggerAde 28-03-2013 01:07 PM

Schumacher Cat SX3 diff
 
Thank you all for your help i will investigate tonight and let you know the results :)

thanks again

Tobamory 29-03-2013 03:07 PM

did it work digger ?

DiggerAde 29-03-2013 06:42 PM

Thank you
 
Hi tobamory
I spent most the morning stripping it all down to get to them, and yes your advice has worked and set the front slightly tighter than the rear. It will be my first race on Sunday keep you posted.

Many thanks.

Aaronbiggs 02-05-2013 05:58 AM

Very usefull to know !!


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com