oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   12v 20a lead acid battery charging time? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132407)

waztrain 08-07-2013 03:32 PM

12v 20a lead acid battery charging time?
 
Hi

I have got myself a 20a lead acid battery(golf trolley size) to use when I am at the track. I got myself a wall 500ma charger. I just wanted to know how long it will take to charge full from flat? I have been told by the seller that it will take around 30hours. I just want to confirm this as I feel abit uncomfortable leaving a battery charging for 30hours.

VintageRacer 09-07-2013 06:36 AM

A 20A (should be 20Ah, amp hour, but it often get abbreviated to amp) has sufficient charge to deliver a 20A current for 1 hour or 10A for 2 hours, 0.5A for 40 hours, etc.

Therefore charging at 500mA (1/2 A) should theoretically take 40 hours (40A * 0.5h gives the 20Ah) but that is assuming the battery is completely flat.

So your advice was probably somewhere close.

RandomConflict 09-07-2013 01:15 PM

I use my Orion Advantage Touch charger to charge mine. After a full days racing takes around 2 hours to charge fully. Rated the same as the one you have. Brilliant option to charge in the field!

2-alex-2 09-07-2013 02:23 PM

What settings did you have your Orion charger on was it pb setting ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com