oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   what the hell is it? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147343)

gordy 15-03-2014 10:08 AM

what the hell is it?
 
Hi guys just picked this up. I wondered if anyone could shed any light on it? It's got a schumacher topcat backend and gearbox, with what I think is an RC10 team car front end and machined aluminium wheels. Now I would say it's probably homemade apart from its got a graphite chassis, with a moulded in kick up at the front, with no signs of it ever having any other gearbox or anything else mounted to it.
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps5a6b36ea.jpg

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps1d70ab64.jpg

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps9ebeef12.jpg

Naushad 15-03-2014 10:14 AM

A composite craft chassis?

mr. ed 15-03-2014 10:52 AM

bullet racing? the footprint in the rear looks like it was meant for an ultima drive train and suspension

racingdwarf 15-03-2014 11:07 AM

looks like a cougar transmission drive shafts wishbones, rear tower mount looks home made, schumacher shocks, not sure about the front end, looks a bit rc10 ish with a few bits thrown in???? don't recognise the front wishbones
The chassis looks to me as if it were made for an RC10 of the time, but never ran or got close to an ultima so the above may well be right. It looks at the back as if they cut the back off of a cougar chassis then attached it to this chassis

Back in the day when I raced at EPO we did used to put a lot of the RC10 front end on the cougar, can't for the life of me remember why:lol:

Quite a bit of this used to go on in the 80's was quite fun really, loads of people would experiment with all sorts of layout and strange cross breed creations with loads of home made parts

gordy 15-03-2014 05:19 PM

Looks a bit better after a strip and clean. To be honest I think I will put it up for a swap for an early ish cougar
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps242301e5.jpg

xfactor 15-03-2014 05:48 PM

I think the front looks like traxxas front wishbones, traxxas screws and traxxas turnbuckles. The steering links look alot like losi jrx ish but could be wrong.

gordy 15-03-2014 05:56 PM

The front end is entirely rc10 team car

gordy 15-03-2014 06:01 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151233441569?redirect=mobile

Peakey 15-03-2014 08:02 PM

What fitment are those wheels pal? They look like wasp ones

gordy 15-03-2014 08:05 PM

Associated front schumacher rear mate

gordy 16-03-2014 08:00 PM

I have so many vintage shumacher wheels and tyres im going to have to buy a cougar for them lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com