oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team C Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   TM2 in the wet (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149386)

leelar 17-04-2014 10:13 AM

TM2 in the wet
 
would adding wieght at the rear of the chassis just in front of the gear box help in the wet
also would heavier oil help if so what weight as i run 2k in the dry

WHITTLER555 17-04-2014 10:42 AM

My experience with the Durango and geared diffs was that you run lighter oil in wet conditions and heavier in dry.

Not sure on the weight because you have to be careful that more weight near the rear axle could cause the rear of the car to swing more, pendulum effect.

Legacy555 17-04-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leelar (Post 852444)
would adding wieght at the rear of the chassis just in front of the gear box help in the wet
also would heavier oil help if so what weight as i run 2k in the dry

I ran 34g in front of the rear gearbox.
Went up in the diff oil to 7,000 to give it lots of forward drive.
Dropped the inner rear links to stop weight transfer under breaking

Car was good

Clive Loynes 17-04-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legacy555 (Post 852465)
I ran 34g in front of the rear gearbox.
Went up in the diff oil to 7,000 to give it lots of forward drive.
Dropped the inner rear links to stop weight transfer under breaking

Car was good

Interesting.
Would this be of benefit with the TC02C also?

Our track, Southport, has a slippery concrete section near the clubhouse and I found it a real pain in the dry last Sunday, using the control tyres for the race series. (Yellow blocks)

I could barely look at the throttle for fear of swapping ends!

PS Have sent you an email. ;-)

AmiSMB 17-04-2014 02:04 PM

At TORCH on my new TM2 v2 I stayed with 3k in the diff but just changed to BB Green spikes on the rear with Schumacher green spike on the front and put full toe in on the rear using the new adjustable rear hinge pin brace on it and use 25 degree castor in the front and it was fantastic when it was wet. Then as it dried I just changed tyres and removed some of the rear toe in and when the steering became too much changed to 30 degree castor in the front. Also now when it gets too slippery then I break out the TC02 Evo.

ianjoyner 17-04-2014 06:08 PM

I've found the TM2 to be good in the wet, you need to respect the throttle, but if you do this the lap times are still good.

2k in the diff is quite light and it may diff out quite easily, so you may find it easier to control going thicker, try 10k or even 20k.

I usually run some rear weight if traction is low, this definitely makes it easier putting the power down, but does also give more of a pendulum feel. I quite like the pendulum feel in some tight corners.

kartstuffer 17-04-2014 06:53 PM

The TM2 doesn't seem to react to diff oils the same as some other cars ,I have previously always run between 2-10 k in diffs.
With this car I have just tried 40k and it doesn't diff out anymore and still has loads of steering . Sounds a bit extreme I know but seems to be working!

leelar 17-04-2014 07:31 PM

Thanks l wasn't sure about the weight as I used to put the corner weight in my X6 in the wet which I thought helped a lot and have read some where on here about thicker oil when things were slippy


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com