oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   newbie wanting advice on motor/etc (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157603)

dangermouse86 28-09-2014 04:58 PM

newbie wanting advice on motor/etc
 
Hi everyone im wanting to start racing tc and I would like to no what the hobby king and turnigy track star stuff is like.i know it's cheap and you can pay a lot more for stuff is it worth paying more when.starting out.?

Chris56 28-09-2014 05:18 PM

Nothing wrong with Hobbyking. They are mostly cheaper because you are effectively buying direct from a Hong Kong distributer, even though they have a UK warehouse.

From experience, I have had no issues at all with their escs or sensored motors. I was not impressed with their cheaper sensorless motors - damaged 2 rotors after little light use.

I now buy all of my electrics from them. I know we should be supporting uk hobby stores but until they lower their prices considerably (their hands might be tied by the distributors so this is not intended as a dig) I will use Hobbyking for electrics.

cornishboy176 28-09-2014 05:30 PM

It depends what level you want to race at as the only problem with the Hobby King electrics is they are not BRCA legal, so if you wanted to race at BRCA affiliated clubs they wont let you race, just don't want you to waste money

Just my thoughts

dangermouse86 28-09-2014 07:16 PM

Thanks for that.i didn't know I couldn't use them in a brca race.worth considering.

alex97 28-09-2014 07:20 PM

If you do buy from hobbyking buy from the UK wearhouse as they won't get stung by customs and you'll have it within 4 days.

Si Coe 28-09-2014 07:26 PM

The BRCA approved bit is only really relevant for national and regional races - it makes no difference for regular club racing at most clubs.
As a result you can comfortably use Hobbyking stuff for your first year or so when you won't be doing that sort of high level meeting.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com