oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vintage RC (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My Yokomo Works 92 (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157857)

Peakey 03-10-2014 12:32 PM

My Yokomo Works 92
 
Back when I raced when as a kid I worked m way up to a 870c dogfighter and even in my hands was a good car.
I remember when the works 91 was in all the mags and as most kids I could never afford one till now.

This arrived in the post this morning :thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...ps00vksxgj.jpg
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psxgvem0sa.jpg
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psmyitnbo5.jpg
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...pshgdnbrxd.jpg
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psleljtlqa.jpg

Bought from a fellow oople'er a low use car which is in great condition just needs a bit of time spending on it.

So now to pick people's brains. I'm taking it the front shock tower will be a hop up? and I didn't realise the front box was plastic/nylon, what do I need to do other than strip and rebuild the diffs to get it back on the track?

And yes I know I'm gonna have to get the nail varnish remover out ASAP

ralphee 03-10-2014 01:03 PM

Peakey, the black bullhead covers pop up, as well as the bulkheads in black nylon themselves on Ebay all the time, i fitted them to the car Dan had off me, and there tough.
Yeah the front tower is a hybrid, but you need ZC 710 tower for the 91, but, this could be a 92, due to the 3mm pitch drive i think buddy, which its a different tower, ill try find the part number, looks a nice score mate, and these things drive soooo smooth!
The front Delrin bulkhead is a hop up but I'm hazy as to who made them.
You may need to file out the cell slots and widen a tad for larger Nimh, but Lipo fit these a treat too, think I've still got some NIP arms for this one kicking around somewhere.

bests.......lee

Peakey 03-10-2014 03:56 PM

It may well be a 92 I'm trying to find that out but I was looking at putting the 3mm belts on anyway so it's a bit of a bonus.

What other differences were there between the 91 & 92

ralphee 03-10-2014 04:49 PM

Not much AFAIK buddy, shock towers and the 3mm pitch i think, mine did have a steel brace across the steering posts too though!

Lee

suparajicon 03-10-2014 04:58 PM

I have a white motor mount cap if interested

Peakey 03-10-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suparajicon (Post 879395)
I have a white motor mount cap if interested

Pm me se pics pal and I'll have a look.

I've spoken to Chris who I bought it off and he's certain it's a 91 he's posting me the instructions that came with it.

ralphee 03-10-2014 05:47 PM

Hmm not sure but evetything screams 92 to me buddy! Cant wait to see what you do with it!

Lee

Peakey 03-10-2014 06:02 PM

Hmmm Stickboy on 10talk is adamant it's a 92 as too it's a possibility it was originally miss sold as a 91? Who knows

As for what I'm gonna do when I get time it's being stripped cleaned and see what needs replacing.
Then it's hopefully going to make a round of the iconic vintage Rc racing at WBMCC over the next few months in place of the Procat, but that's if I have enough time.

OptimaFan 03-10-2014 07:06 PM

Nice find. Looks like a well maintained car to me.

Btw, this new purchase just lost you the claim on one of Dan's containers. Instead of 50/50, so 3 for you, 3 for me, it will be 4 for me and just 2 for you now. ;)

upforit365 03-10-2014 07:08 PM

Bulkhead was an MMS item I think, based on what I've read.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.ph...94&hilit=Craig

I've a few of these on various Yokomos I have

Peakey 04-10-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optima4Ever (Post 879424)
Nice find. Looks like a well maintained car to me.

Btw, this new purchase just lost you the claim on one of Dan's containers. Instead of 50/50, so 3 for you, 3 for me, it will be 4 for me and just 2 for you now. ;)

Still sounds good to me pal :lol: the rate he's accumulating cars there will be more than 6 in no time :thumbsup:

Peakey 04-10-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upforit365 (Post 879425)
Bulkhead was an MMS item I think, based on what I've read.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.ph...94&hilit=Craig

I've a few of these on various Yokomos I have

Wow that's a nice yoke some really nice hop ups. I would be intreated in the ballraced steering either the delrin one or the alloy one if anyone knows of one.
I'm now going to keep a look out for a matching rear mms bulkhead and I like your heatshrik too.

So I'm comeing to the conclusion it's either very late 91 with 92 parts or a mis sold 92

alcyon 04-10-2014 12:32 PM

Do you have to actually tape the servo in place ?

ralphee 04-10-2014 12:54 PM

Yes they tape in, never had one come out mind! Peakey im wondering if it was boxed up as a 91, Works cars were only denoted by a revision sticker on a generic box, so you never know!

Lee

Peakey 04-10-2014 02:57 PM

Anyone got a part number for the 3mm belts please

ralphee 04-10-2014 03:27 PM

ZC651 and 656 from memory!

Lee

Peakey 04-10-2014 03:58 PM

Thanks lee

OptimaFan 04-10-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcyon (Post 879526)
Do you have to actually tape the servo in place ?

The original Optima uses a similar mounting method, just with a tie wrap for extra securing. With decent double sided tape the hold should be excellent, but removal is a little less straightforward than one that is screwed into place,

Peakey 04-10-2014 05:39 PM

Well when it's all in I'm not planning to take it out so that should be no problem I've got just the servo lined up for it to ;)

timmy 04-10-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphee (Post 879391)
Not much AFAIK buddy, shock towers and the 3mm pitch i think

and the rear hub carriers too, yours are definitely off a '92.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com