![]() |
Revention 1.1 out of the box issue
Hi
I recently bought a SP revention, soldered and with a new M12 put it in a car. The M12 is binded correctly as I have tested it with another working speed controller. I am struggling just calibrating and setting it up When I plug in the esc to the battery, and press the on button the orange light is on and solid. I have tried various different things to get it in calibration mode such as holding the button when switching it on, holding it for various periods of time. I just need to get it calibrated and I need a red light for that. According to the manual a solid orange light means its sensorless but i have a sensor wire connected and have swapped with mutiple wires and motors to eliminate this as a fault. There is power to the fan, but interestingly there is no power to the esc as I think an Sanwa RX-471 should light up with a blue LD. Any suggestion to where I am going wrong? Much appreciated Martin |
First of all make sure your tx is in neutral, the throttle reserve is the right way and throttle settings set to 100%
With the esc off, hold down the setup button until you hear a beep and esc led flashes, you are now in setup mode. Tx must be in reverse if using a Futaba, it's all explained on page 6 of the Speed Passion Manual Hope this helps |
Thanks for the advice and taking the time to reply.
I will go and give it another try |
The esc will only go into setup mode if the esc is in neutral ( both LEDs are light )
If you can't get it to go into setup mode, try adjusting the throttle neutral until the LEDs are both light, then try to get it into setup mode, I had this problem with a secondhand esc. |
Well I did exactly that and still the same orange colour LED and no setup.
I have looked at the soldering and its not the best but is all in tact. What I don't understand is that when 'switch it on', this means plugging in the battery as there is no switch. So when i plug the esc into the battery i have my finger on the on/setup button, which from reading the instructions and also is pretty standard way of calibrating most escs. But it does not go into the setup mode. The issues are Orange LED always on (signalling sensorless) RX LED not on (but maybe it has to be calibrated first) The Fan going So the esc is getting power, but wont go into setup mode. Is it likely to be poor soldering. I may take a photo and upload. Thanks |
here a daft thought
try If you have another tx or rx you can use ? as you say the the ESC is powered as the fan is working do you have steering working when you switch on ? its almost as if the rx is not getting a signal from TX (via esc) hence orange lighton ESC is the ESC to rx lead plugged into the ESC or is it hard wired from ESc (I have plugged them in wrong way round on ESC before (because red wire is centre pin 5v still goes to esc but the 2signl wire fron rx is wrong way round no guarantees, it may help though dave |
I'm currently using this ESC and these are the steps I follow to calibrate:
1. Connect battery (ESC is unpowered) 2. With battery connected and ESC unpowered (no lights on), hold the setup button for a few seconds until it starts beeping. 3. With throttle in neutral position press the setup button once. 4. With throttle at full forward press the setup button once again. 5. With throttle at full reverse press the setup button once again. 6. at this point, the ESC should automatically power off. |
Quote:
Try plugging in THEN power up/long press to calibrate. |
Quote:
Let's go and have another look Thanks for everyone's advice |
Thanks Dave. User error. Rx wire the wrong way around
My god I am happy Thanks to everyone. Woop |
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D:D
good result Martin (Have experienced exactly that myself,) makes it worse if rx wire is not colur coded and is all black :thumbdown: very easy mistake to make best wishes Dave |
| All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com