![]() |
What size are CAT block tyres?
I remember using them 20 years ago on an Optima (2" wheels I think) on a normally slippy Tarmac /grass track and they were the only thing that worked and didn't wear out in 5 seconds. Now I want some wheels ( fronts all round) for 12mm hex, is there such a thing or are they 2.2" now?
|
2", they stretch to fit 2.2" wheels.
Looks to be the same mould from the olden days. |
They are a pain to get on 2.2" wheels, lots of people cut off the inner rib on the wheel to make it sit a little better. They work great on track though.
|
So there's no 2" 12mm hex wheels about these days other than vintage?
|
No 5 spokes either, even in 2.2 :-( Not that i can find anyway.
|
They are 2" and are a pain to fit on new rims. I've heard people turn the tyres inside out and cut one of the beads off, I couldn't bear to butcher them.
|
I use yellow blocks on a bmax4iii on Tarmac for fun/practice. Love the fact they're 2.0 inches as I don't have to glue them! Tight fit on a 2.2 but no biggy.
Both tyre walls overhang the sides of the wheels so just check they don't rub on full lock. |
Quote:
Manta Ray dish wheels part no. 0335102 Egress spoked wheels part no. 9335066 If you are feeling rich, Pargu sells plenty of alloy wheels in 2" http://www.pargustore.com/alloy-wheels.html It's also easy to find plenty of old wheels. |
Quote:
http://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/clearance HPI still make their Super Star rear wheels for the Super RS4 http://hpiracing.world/en/part/3031 Tamiya make their Star Dish wheels https://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?q=star+dish |
| All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com