oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hobbywing v2.1 esc issues (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184787)

tonydevon 06-11-2016 06:33 PM

Hobbywing v2.1 esc issues

Hi.
Anyone shed any light on this.
Has happened 3 times now.

Start of the final. Car sat on grid. It was driven couple of laps then placed in position.

Buzzer goes
Nothing.
Today 3 cars piled into me. Punted off the track. All over before it began.
It seems like if i leave car sat there then it goes to sleep??

DynaMight 06-11-2016 06:58 PM

Do you have reverse on? Mine used to do this with reverse, if I like double tapped the brakes into a corner it took a double tap of the throttle to get it going again. I turned off reverse and its been fine ever since.

tonydevon 07-11-2016 08:18 AM

Hi, thanks for reply,

but I dont have reverse on, its forward/brake only

so frustrating, its ruined at least 2 finals for me

time to try maybe a new sensor cable??

mattr 07-11-2016 08:49 AM

Wasn't there a hobbywing/hobbyking ESC that would switch off if you tapped reverse two (three) times?
Actually as a feature.

You've not got one of those have you?

I'd also look at rebinding/recalibrating the ESC. (check things like neutral bandwidth and so on)
Then reflashing the firmware/reprogramming from scratch.
Then rewiring everything.

(Do the sensor cable first, cos thats easy)

fidspeed 07-11-2016 08:55 AM

my boy has suffered with an esc that if you hold the brakes for a few seconds it switches off don't know if that's an issue but it caught us out

Northy 07-11-2016 09:20 AM

Holding the brakes on for a few seconds turns them off - it's a 'feature' :o

tonydevon 07-11-2016 10:08 AM

Ahhhh. Great useful feature... lol

Thanks. Dont remember doing this but does make sense.
Especially as at tiverton where its happened twice I was gridded on a slope and tried to hold position.

Will try it out tonight and see if it does turn off.

mark christopher 07-11-2016 10:34 AM

northy nailed it, hobbying if you hold full brake it switces off, the new xr10 you can ndisable it, not sure if you can on 2.1 or 3.1

tonydevon 07-11-2016 11:10 AM

cheers guys, old bad habit from racing largescale, I used to hold brake till just before buzzer to ensure no risk of jumpstart claim.

was obviaouly holdig it althought it probably didnt do much LOL, at Tiverton as I was on a downslope on the grid.

guess I did it again yesterday but just didnt realise :( wasnt a good start to my final, 3 cars in a right old tangle, funny enough all B6 and all same colour with same chassis protectors LOL, carnage

Wig 07-11-2016 11:25 AM

Try reducing your brake epa to 99%, this should stop it as the off function works on max brake.

tonydevon 09-11-2016 11:50 AM

thanks, think I need to look at the setting for the neutral band??

have a really wierd thing happening

if I move the stick the tiniest bit from centre, like maybe if Im stood waiting for warble and just aplied a bit of pressure, then punch forward, nothing happens

let go and push it again and it goes

so... if I push stick forward ultra slow or just rest thumb against it enough to move it slightly, thenunless I let go fully, it wont move??