oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Xcelorin ESC (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24308)

mikeyscott 19-05-2009 06:50 PM

Xcelorin ESC
 
I'm thinking of changing my ESC from a LRP Sphere TC to a Losi Xcelorin. Any thoughts?

jono83 19-05-2009 06:52 PM

why are you thnking of changing it?

mikeyscott 19-05-2009 06:56 PM

Ability to update the firmware etc.

Not convinced about the LRP..

Mike Hudson 19-05-2009 07:02 PM

Whats the advantage of that though? You have more chance of getting corrupted software, you have to fiddle with program cards and pc software when setting up when you can just set other escs up like lrp/nosram, novak esc etc trackside in less than 1minute, there's much less hassle with what you currently have and currently I think is the most favoured esc (lrp/nosram) within the touring car and offroad world for many top drivers, seen alot of negative comments on here on here and other forums and seen many of the losi systems have problems forgetting settings, corrupting and other random problems...

jono83 19-05-2009 07:09 PM

I would stick with what you have mike. A person at my club has had loads of problems with his forgeting settings and stuff

mikeyscott 19-05-2009 07:46 PM

Ok will stay put for the mo :)

chb 19-05-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hudson (Post 243468)
Whats the advantage of that though? You have more chance of getting corrupted software, you have to fiddle with program cards and pc software when setting up when you can just set other escs up like lrp/nosram, novak esc etc trackside in less than 1minute, there's much less hassle with what you currently have and currently I think is the most favoured esc (lrp/nosram) within the touring car and offroad world for many top drivers, seen alot of negative comments on here on here and other forums and seen many of the losi systems have problems forgetting settings, corrupting and other random problems...

I agree with you about the LRP/Nosram ease of use !
I have also a xcelorin. I think the difference between LRP/NOVAK & Xcelorin is simple:
LRP/NOVAK are tested, improved over many years of production. As of now, there so well self-protected, there are really stupid-proof.
Whereas with the xcelorin (chinese design like speedpassion BTW), it will work wonderfully as long as you do everything right. But if you don't, you get problem, it is not stupid-proof like LRP/NOVAK, but still a great ESC.

Carole_MH 19-05-2009 08:39 PM

I agree the nosram/lrp/novak are simple to use etc but I must admit I find my xcelorin to be far better than the 2 novak gtb esc's I had, so much so that I sold the gtb's. If you dont mind setting up the xcelorin with the program card or the pc software then the xcelorin is fine. Yes my xcelorin has had problems and has had to go back to Horizon but they are simply going to replace it for a new one, havent asked for the receipt etc as I believe SMD are doing nowadays if the LRP's have a problem. Something else to bear in mind !!!

The Doctor 19-05-2009 08:53 PM

I have had an Xcelorin 6.5 since January, running in 2WD & 4WD off-road. Despite some negative comments on here, mine's been fantastic, especially with the updated software. I also like the ability to easily adjust the throttle & brake profiles & other settings using the supplied set-up software. Once it's installed on your PC it really is simple to use.

I'd recommend the Xcelorin any day.

Paul.

Belsten 19-05-2009 09:05 PM

No problems with either my losi speedos, would deffo recommend and prefering them to my previous gtb's

Southwell 19-05-2009 09:09 PM

If anyone wants their ESC's updating then ask on here before a meeting im going to and i will take my laptop to update your speedos. Ive got a few of them and they are fine once updated and setup and ive not touched them once. With the setup i use i can tell no difference between the Losi's and the LRP's i used last year.

chb 19-05-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carole_MH (Post 243531)
I must admit I find my xcelorin to be far better than the 2 novak gtb esc's I had, so much so that I sold the gtb's.

I have both GTB & Xcelorin and don't find any difference (exept that GTB is more expensive) in the running.

I just curious why you say this ?

Carole_MH 19-05-2009 11:15 PM

novak v xcelorin
 
the reason I find the xcelorin better than the gtb may be down to the fact that when I was using non novak motors with the gtb I was getting a sort of stutter on initial acceleration which I don't get with the xcelorin, I also don't get it with a sensorless Orion system either. Must admit the gtb was great with a novak motor though.

mc_Si 20-05-2009 04:51 PM

i hav the losi system
 
i have the losi system and its been nothing but trouble and its not even been in car! tried downloading the software and tht was fine bt wen tried 2 download the fireware it broke it so now its gone back to horizon hobby to be replaced but they have none in stock so basically spent all that money so i cant race for another week :(. people say it runs alot better when it decides to work but i wouldnt no:thumbdown: quite disapointed to be honest.

autonm 20-05-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_Si (Post 243911)
i have the losi system and its been nothing but trouble and its not even been in car! tried downloading the software and tht was fine bt wen tried 2 download the fireware it broke it so now its gone back to horizon hobby to be replaced but they have none in stock so basically spent all that money so i cant race for another week :(. people say it runs alot better when it decides to work but i wouldnt no:thumbdown: quite disapointed to be honest.

ive read a dozen other posts about their Xcelorin ESC breaking after updating the firmware.

Why are people updating the firmware? I havnt read the release notes, but is there something in the firmware upate thats worth the worry of it not working?

Ive just recieved my Xcelorin yesterday - and unless I really really need to im staying with the firmware it came with.

Southwell 20-05-2009 05:43 PM

It's worth checking what version it came with, new versions are coming already updated.

mikeyscott 20-05-2009 06:00 PM

I can't believe the Losi has that bad a failure rate. I haven't heard great things about the LRP either.

Any comments on Tekin controllers?

chb 20-05-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 243944)
I can't believe the Losi has that bad a failure rate. I haven't heard great things about the LRP either.

Any comments on Tekin controllers?

I think all your comments(good and bad) confort this idea:
"LRP/NOVAK are tested, improved over many years of production. As of now, there so well self-protected, there are really stupid-proof.
Whereas with the xcelorin (chinese design like speedpassion BTW), it will work wonderfully as long as you do everything right. But if you don't, you get problem, it is not stupid-proof like LRP/NOVAK, but still a great ESC."

About Tekin, I would rate them top(american design), but you have to pay the price(USB device, software, all at extra cost) !

Northy 20-05-2009 06:26 PM

This all makes me laugh, why do you think the Losi speedo looks just like a GTB? :confused:

G

mikeyscott 20-05-2009 06:38 PM

Does it fit in the B4?

Tekin doesn't seem such a bad price.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com