oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   YORCC - York (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Racing at York 10th Oct. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31860)

Mike2222 08-10-2009 05:43 PM

Racing at York 10th Oct.
 
This Saturday is the first round of the 4wd Championship.No mixed heats in 4wd, but non-championship rounds for 2wd and trucks will be held if there are enough entries. Venue is at Huntington School, YO32 9WT.
Doors open at 6 .

Col 08-10-2009 07:01 PM

Be there nice and early, boys and girls!

farmboy 09-10-2009 08:05 PM

Will be back after last week's initial visit and will bring truck (Losi).

MyForest 10-10-2009 07:50 PM

Thanks for making us feel welcome
 
I popped in with my five year old daughter tonight and everyone made us feel very welcome. Thanks very much.

The driving we saw was pretty awesome and my daughter enjoyed herself lots.

farmboy 11-10-2009 10:07 AM

I was the guy there with the SC Truck. Thanks for letting me race in the 2wd buggy class. It was the first time I had done any kind of racing and I have to admit, I'm hooked. Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

jameswilkinson7 11-10-2009 10:13 AM

Looked good with that truck too!!:woot: You seemed to be getting it round well. It was good to have that little battle with all the trucks during practice. I think they look great when there all flying round:thumbsup: It would be good if we could get enough drivers for a full heat.

farmboy 11-10-2009 02:17 PM

Thanks for the compliment! I've never been racing before and had only bought the Strike about four hours before. Its handle is best described as "distinctive"; definite understeer at times. I do like the way the back end flicks out though, especially at the end of the back straight if you get the braking right (not that I did that very often).

It's not very fast (well, ok, it's actually pretty slow) and I'm curious how quickly my Losi Desert Truck would get round. That now has a 15T Orion motor in and I've a hunch it would be faster. The Strike looks very scale though, which is why I bought it. I can almost picture a rather large American at the wheel, with a bucket of fried chicken on his lap!

jameswilkinson7 11-10-2009 05:58 PM

Their certainly Tricky fellows to drive on the slippy stuff. But good fun:thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com