oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   7.2 Servo running at 6.0v (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3701)

markwilliamson2001 17-05-2007 11:03 AM

7.2 Servo running at 6.0v
 
Okay folks...
This is the deal. I have an oldish 1002 KO Servo which runs at 7.2v. I also have a new brushless system from novak which doesnt seem to provide the extra 1.2v feed required by the servo as of old speedo's. Would the servo function okay on a 6.0v feed alone and has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
Mark

Phil Channon 17-05-2007 11:09 AM

Mark

When I got my GTB system I had the same issue. I emailed Novak and they said it would ok to solder the fet wire direct to the + power tab.
I did this and had no problems. Just remember to have a choke in the fet lead to protect the servo.

Phil.

chrispattinson 17-05-2007 11:19 AM

Mark,

I run the GTB with a 7.2V KO servo,

As Phil says, solder it directly to the positive battery terminal ( I did this on the ESC tab), and make sure there is a servo choke in the connection.

It works great this way, and prevents any unessesary current draw from other items under hard acceleration and steering (notably a Personal Transponder) where the reciever / speedo cant provide the current.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com