oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Bodies / HPI (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   D4 Driveshaft Pins (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37065)

dibble34 04-01-2010 07:51 PM

D4 Driveshaft Pins
 
I just needed to moan about these! They drive me nuts, i just went out to test a new lipo battery and the pin has come out of the driveshaft to the front diff. I put this together a few weeks ago with loads of threadlock, but no joy. Once they start failing it is a nightmare. I shall file a side off the pin and get a really good hex driver at the weekend to put it back nice and tight, but they do my head in!

I admit i don't spend hours each week going through the car, but i do service it quite often. I really like the car, when it is going well it is great, but they do seem a little fragile.

Moan over!

Q_man 05-01-2010 03:55 AM

I file a small flat spot and then double up with a bit of shrink wrap. Never a problem!:thumbsup:

dibble34 05-01-2010 10:34 AM

Cheers, yeah think the flat spot thing is the way to go, plus i pnly used an allen key. Will get a decent 1.5mm driver at the weekend and try again.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com