oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   LRP or Nosram brushless motors? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3831)

TRF_Tastic 25-05-2007 11:21 AM

LRP or Nosram brushless motors?
 
Need some advice here guys, got an LRP sphere coming and I would like to know if there is any difference between the LRP and Nosram motors, thinking of going for 6.5T.

Cheers in advance.

Wraggy 25-05-2007 11:26 AM

there is no difference at all , as they are the same motors just in there individual identities..

jimmy 25-05-2007 11:27 AM

It only makes sense to go BLUE in your 501X mate.:D Having said that I am just installing the Nosram system so hey.

ashleyb4 25-05-2007 11:28 AM

Get the orion vortex motor its amazing i got mine and i have only run it at one meeting but it was ace.

A

Southwell 25-05-2007 11:36 AM

Except the dodgy screw huh?

ashleyb4 25-05-2007 11:49 AM

Thats sorted now got a nice new shiny one now.

A

Chris Doughty 25-05-2007 11:53 AM

the product is the same, just a different sticker.

they do come into the UK via different distributors so that might be a factor if you need to deal with after sales.

mark christopher 25-05-2007 12:35 PM

reedy is same motor too but not on list, but it can be got far cheaper!

_sleigh_ 25-05-2007 12:40 PM

I thought Reedy phased out the "LRP" style of brushless before the change to the X11 model.

TRF_Tastic 26-05-2007 07:38 PM

Now weve cleared up the fact that theres no difference what wind? I was thinking 6.5, I dont want anything too mental, but would 5.5 be a good halfway house looking between the 10-12 turn brushed motor range.

mark christopher 26-05-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRF_Tastic (Post 41436)
Now weve cleared up the fact that theres no difference what wind? I was thinking 6.5, I dont want anything too mental, but would 5.5 be a good halfway house looking between the 10-12 turn brushed motor range.

6.5 is around 9 turn 5.5 is arouns 7 turn

mark christopher 26-05-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 41171)
I thought Reedy phased out the "LRP" style of brushless before the change to the X11 model.

looks like they could have done that phil

gramey 26-05-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRF_Tastic (Post 41436)
Now weve cleared up the fact that theres no difference what wind? I was thinking 6.5, I dont want anything too mental, but would 5.5 be a good halfway house looking between the 10-12 turn brushed motor range.

:) Surely you need one of each depending on which of you is coming out to play?
Pyscho nail it everywhere TRF_Tasitc with an even split of work/entertainment for the marshalls, or Mr. Velvet Lined Cod Piece TRF_Tastic keeping it smooth, boring the marshalls, but usually finishing higher!
Anyway I've the LRP X11 6.5 and Jonny's got the Nosram 6.5 version, same motor different sticker as others have said and the 6.5 is plenty quick enough for most.:)

super__dan 26-05-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 41448)
6.5 is around 9 turn 5.5 is arouns 7 turn

That is the quoted range but I don't think it's really true.

I reackon a 6.5 is a really good 11/normal 10 and a 5.5 is like a 9 turn realistically.

TRF_Tastic 26-05-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramey (Post 41453)
:) Surely you need one of each depending on which of you is coming out to play?
Pyscho nail it everywhere TRF_Tasitc with an even split of work/entertainment for the marshalls, or Mr. Velvet Lined Cod Piece TRF_Tastic keeping it smooth, boring the marshalls, but usually finishing higher!
Anyway I've the LRP X11 6.5 and Jonny's got the Nosram 6.5 version, same motor different sticker as others have said and the 6.5 is plenty quick enough for most.:)

Velvet lined Cod peice!!

I will have to remember that when pyscho ,me is out to play!!

ashleyb4 26-05-2007 11:03 PM

I have a orion vortex 7.5 and it is quicker than a 12 its mental.

A

GRIFF55 27-05-2007 12:02 AM

i used the nosram storm evo 6.5 in my tamiya, now hb d4 and that is great super fast and controlable!!!;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com