oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   rip off?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56846)

mark christopher 04-11-2010 07:21 PM

rip off??
 
http://www.redrc.net/2010/11/team-c-...os/#more-36871

mikeyscott 04-11-2010 08:17 PM

Mmm indeed, very X Factory looking!

jim76 04-11-2010 08:18 PM

just a bit. But if it's cheap and has good spares support then it's a good thing for the hobby.

DCM 04-11-2010 08:39 PM

Looks like the cell configuration is more like the Atomic Carbon conversion, i.e. pair of saddles?

MRD 04-11-2010 08:45 PM

Its only as much of a rip off of the X6 as the rb5 and 201x are to the B4 :woot:.

coolcars782 04-11-2010 08:59 PM

How can you change it lol, its either gonna be a copy of the ac or xfactory :lol: doesnt look as wide as the x6 and doesnt have as much carbon fibre as the cr2 :woot:

liam 04-11-2010 09:06 PM

And the B4 is to the XXX!:p

(had to throw that in)

MRD 04-11-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liam (Post 429761)
And the B4 is to the XXX!:p

(had to throw that in)

And the xxx to the RC10 :p

liam 04-11-2010 09:43 PM

Ha yeah thats true!

As a team driver, Gil Losi Jr would have had input into its design tho :rolleyes:

(scraping the barrel now)

peetbee 04-11-2010 10:39 PM

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...ilies/rofl.gifhttp://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...ilies/rofl.gifhttp://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...ilies/rofl.gifhttp://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...ilies/rofl.gif

liam 04-11-2010 10:54 PM

How unusual for Pete to appear as soon as I say the word "Losi" :lol:

Like the Losi word stalker or something!

Anyway, nice car. Might pick one up if there cheap enough

MRD 04-11-2010 10:59 PM

The Xpro is about £90 and the Xpro super hopped up thing is about £180 so hopefully this should sit somewhere in the middle. I recon the one to have will be the hopped up version with big bores and some ally bling. Its not been mentioned but if they did it with the Xpro theyre gonna do it with this :thumbsup:

If I didn't have 2 X6sq's I'd be having one.

liam 04-11-2010 11:07 PM

Thing to do i suppose is see how it performs.

For that kinda money you could get a decent 2nd hand x6 I think?

sosidge 05-11-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 429718)

No more a rip-off than any other car of any other successful car. It's easy to accuse a Chinese manufacturer but somehow I don't think you would be so quick to call the Tamiya cars rip-offs...

And considering that the original Team C 2wd is a geometric copy of an RB5, it's hardly a rip-off of an X-6.

I actually think Team C should be applauded for putting a reasonably-priced out-of-the-box mid-motored car on the market.

peetbee 05-11-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liam (Post 429805)
How unusual for Pete to appear as soon as I say the word "Losi" :lol:

LOL, more like when you start claiming Losi are the greatest again, you Losi fan boy!

I was interested to read this topic as I'd been following it here!
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...719#post429719

mark christopher 05-11-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sosidge (Post 429854)
No more a rip-off than any other car of any other successful car. It's easy to accuse a Chinese manufacturer but somehow I don't think you would be so quick to call the Tamiya cars rip-offs...

And considering that the original Team C 2wd is a geometric copy of an RB5, it's hardly a rip-off of an X-6.

I actually think Team C should be applauded for putting a reasonably-priced out-of-the-box mid-motored car on the market.

That's a bold statement no proof i would not also where did I mention what its a rip of off?

sosidge 05-11-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 429876)
That's a bold statement no proof i would not also where did I mention what its a rip of off?

You know full well what you intended to do with this thread. Don't indulge in wordplay to try and get yourself off the hook.

RogerM 05-11-2010 12:09 PM

All mid motored 1/10th 2wd buggies are old hat, Kyosho did it back in the mid to late 80s with the Raider ... plus I am sure I remember loads of RC10 based conversions (Tekin was one IIRC) and then there was was the FAB2000 ... in the 90s.

Pick the one that suits you then drive and enjoy it I say!

Dave Dodd 05-11-2010 01:08 PM

Ansmann Mid Rat
 
i believe there will also be a rtr version that takes sticks too :D would be an excellent beginners car

rocketrob 05-11-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark christopher (Post 429718)
rip off??

I'm sorry, but if this was some cheap-plastic, explodo-mundo, Chinese-clone that was a matter of someone with some CAD experience totally replicating a pre-existing car :yawn: ..... and selling them for 75% off ...... I guess. :rolleyes:

But unless you've got something on your mind that I'm not thinking of, or can't remember, realistically there hasn't been anything truely "ripped-off" since the first caveman invented the wheel.

Ground-breaking? Perhaps not.
But when was the last time something truely ground-breaking and totally new and different, without some liberal amount of "interpretation" of something released by another RC company?


I mean, dadgum, we've all but gone backwards with the reintroduction of using geardiffs in electric cars for cripes sake. :lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com