oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrics (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   5 cell. 4.5 Brushless (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6018)

gazoff 26-10-2007 08:33 PM

5 cell. 4.5 Brushless
 
This may be a daft question.
I was planning to run a ZX5 over the winter at some local events. I dont want to splash out on new cells ( 6 cell ) and motor.
Could I use the gear from my TC , a 4.5 brushless and 5 cell batts.
Has this set up been used by anybody ?
Thanks

grindog 26-10-2007 08:42 PM

i tried it at our carpet track and it was fine, very fast. Didnt have as much power left at the end of a race but was just enough

john

super__dan 27-10-2007 11:50 AM

Should work, I'm actually going to be trying this kind of thing over the winter, try to work out comparrisons between winds and numbers of cells and what advantages and drawbacks there are.

ashleyb4 27-10-2007 01:07 PM

I tried this round kiddy in the damp but it was a 7.5 on 5 cells they where gp4300 set out fast nice and smooth but then after 2 laps my pack died odd may try another pack maybe t was faulty they had been sitting in my box unused for about 6 month.

A

KBRacing 27-10-2007 08:20 PM

I have been runing 5cells brushless in the Dansih Championship, and make out that I where 0.5 to 0.8 faster then with 6celles, because you have the same power as a Modified motor with 6celles.

gazoff 28-10-2007 09:16 PM

Great , thanks for the advice.
Any idea on gearing, 4.5 sintered rotor.
Looking to try it out over the winter, maybe at Kiddy , Coventry and Worksop.
Thanks

stefke 30-10-2007 01:51 PM

A couple of guys over here did the entire season in 4wd with that setup because they wanted to use their TC gear.
In the end they concluded that its fine for short low grip tracks, but they fell short on longer high grip tracks. This could be true since I kept passing them on the straights. LOL

And strangely enough : they had A LOT more troubles with their BL gear.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com