oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mardave (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   tyre truer (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72468)

mcjjordan 07-06-2011 04:56 PM

tyre truer
 
ive just got a hudy automatic tyre truer and am needing some advise on arbors ,

ive got the 1/10th tamiya and the 1/8th
but i cant find a mardave 1/12th?
ive found a modified for a fastrax
but what do people use ?
or is there someone out there that can fabricate one?

truggy lover 07-06-2011 07:01 PM

i had to get one modified cos most arbours dont have the right thread diameter 4mm they come with 3mm

the best all round arbour is either of these

http://www.actionmodelcentre.com/pro...DB5910&cat=331

my mate has this one http://www.actionmodelcentre.com/pro...rod=CAL%2D5005

and works well for all

hope that helps

Chequered Flag Racing 07-06-2011 07:16 PM

Ask Chris at Mardave if these can be made to suit. Think the ID of the centre hole is approx 6mm. They need to be 8mm for most truers.

http://mardaveonline.co.uk/S20.jpg

truggy lover 07-06-2011 09:03 PM

link didnt work Glenn so here it is

http://www.mardaveonline.co.uk/S20.jpg

QuackingPlums 08-06-2011 09:56 AM

I dunno why but I'm getting 404s on both of those above. I think there's something funny going on with posting links directly to Chris' images!

I just use the Fastrax arbor with heatshrink over the thread to bring the diameter up a little bit. Seems to hold ok.

Karl Dransfield 08-06-2011 11:39 PM

I just use the Fastrax arbor with heatshrink over the thread to bring the diameter up a little bit. Seems to hold ok.[/QUOTE]

Same, had my fastrax arbor from demon for a couple of years now and it works really well.

Gazza 09-06-2011 10:56 AM

LOL makes me Laugh no matter what Link to Mardave's site
you cant see any of it . . .


how do you tell people to buy stuff and "Look here" when you cant even send them to your site

Way to go Chris :thumbsup:

teamorsum96 09-06-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza (Post 512650)
LOL makes me Laugh no matter what Link to Mardave's site
you cant see any of it . . .


how do you tell people to buy stuff and "Look here" when you cant even send them to your site

Way to go Chris :thumbsup:

+1 gazza

truggy lover 09-06-2011 08:25 PM

very strange it did work when i first linked it now it doesnt ???

QuackingPlums 09-06-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truggy lover (Post 512937)
very strange it did work when i first linked it now it doesnt ???

Yeah, I spotted that too - hence I edited it when I noticed later on! :lol:
Thought I'd save a whole long list of "that didn't work mate, here's the correct pic" posts!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com