![]() |
Whatever happened to......
The mini-cone tyres that were being tried and tested a while back? Did they prove to be better than mini-spikes?
|
The GRP ones? they were more consistant during wear and didn't rip apart, but they arn't the national tyre this year.
|
I'll be using them at all the regionals this year :thumbsup:
|
They are available direct from the Mirage website or all good model shops. They arn't the nominated national tire but you can still use them at regionals and club meetings ;)
/end shamless plug :lol: |
I'll be using them at all regionals this year too :thumbsup:
G |
There might be a couple of other compounds available in a few weeks also.
I will be running them at regionals this year. |
Quote:
|
They are a good tyre, but cos they came out at the end of the outdoor season their testing was limited before indoors (and mini pins) came along.
I intend to use them outdoors a lot at regionals this year! |
Is the general opinion that they are better than the shuey yellow minispike?
|
Quote:
G |
Quote:
i think the norm of BB & Schuy's |
Quote:
|
They tend not to clog as easily in the wet either because of the textured surface.
|
I think Wraggy will be spot on ... schumy Minis and BB Minis.
Can't believe that some regions don't have nominated tires ..... make slife so much easier and cheaper as you know what you need early on ..... better for the shops too as they don't have to stock tires they won't sell. |
There is a valid point here about the quality of the mould on the Schumacher tyres, everytime I buy some I find myself checking many pairs to get a good one, most of the moulds are not true, which is not on with the price we have to pay for them. Like the look of these GRP tyres.
|
Quote:
Don't know about other regions but in the NE nearly everyone uses common tires that the shops stock so thats not a problem. I'll be using GRP's because they are cheaper, and I know that they will be the same everytime I open the packet, and they come with foams which is an added bonus :thumbsup: Quote:
|
schumacher are apparently releasing yellows under a new part number which is a new mould version (same design, just new mould). Not sure if they are allowed for nationals as they are a different part number to the original tyre, and i don't think they are out in time for the first one in April.
|
Quote:
|
A few drivers noticed used the GRP tyres at southport towards the end of last season, and as previously stated, they seemed to provide more grip on all sections of the track and that they wore better than the pic n mix schumachers
However when the cars were coming off the concrete section of the track and onto the straight, just as the throttle was being applied, they caused the cars to "fishtail" and spin out. Swapping back to Shumachers removed this problem. Don't know what was causing this, either the rubber inserts or the "pile" of the astro turf may have been the problem. It may even have been the tyre itself. As far as i know, nobody used the GRP with foam inserts as a test. I will probably use the GRP's at Southport this year and will experiment with the inserts to see if the problem goes. Having said that, the straight is being replaced with new astro very soon, so the problem may well go then as well. |
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com