oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Car Talk (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Which shocks are considered the best? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84248)

Timee80 28-10-2011 06:50 PM

Which shocks are considered the best?
 
Up to not so long ago the old losi shocks were what everyone wanted. Now that most big names have releases big bores I just wondered which was the best at the minute.
Which shocks will those who are getting the c4.1 be using for example?

/tobys 29-10-2011 07:21 AM

Kyosho shocks and springs are considered some of, if not the best around. IMO, they are the best I have used and I have had AE (v1 and v2) and Losi (Std and Big Bore) as well.

RogerM 30-10-2011 11:51 AM

Have a play with some Kyosho shocks and then ask yourself the same question again ;)

simoncrabb 30-10-2011 08:39 PM

Personally I'd say the Schumacher big bores, I think they're awesome.

Chris Green 30-10-2011 08:49 PM

What part numbers am I looking for? for an F&R set of Kyosho shocks for a 2wd?

Thanks,

Chris

mattybucks 30-10-2011 08:56 PM

Tamiya shocks - I think that there one of only manufacturers to machine the shocks out of alloy rather a mould.

Chris Green 30-10-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybucks (Post 574637)
Tamiya shocks - I think that there one of only manufacturers to machine the shocks out of alloy rather a mould.

Just wondering, why does the fact that they are machined out of a billet make them better?

If I remember correctly, this should mean that they would be weaker, and more difficult to provide a smooth internal surface. I didn't really pay much attention in my materials lectures at Uni though. :blush:

kayce 30-10-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timee80 (Post 573862)
Up to not so long ago the old losi shocks were what everyone wanted. Now that most big names have releases big bores I just wondered which was the best at the minute.
Which shocks will those who are getting the c4.1 be using for example?

I'm not going to embarrass myself with any brand-whoring, so I'll just suggest that (just like buying a 2wd buggy) that they're all pretty good - try some different types, and that way you can add your 2-bits to the next similar query. :woot:

colmo 31-10-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybucks (Post 574637)
Tamiya shocks - I think that there one of only manufacturers to machine the shocks out of alloy rather a mould.

I think that's the pistons they machine rather than mould. I believe all metal shock bodies of any quality are machined, not moulded, but most other manufacturers mould their pistons.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com