After talking to the residents who camplained about the rostrum on Sunday I have a clearer picture of what is going on.
They have no problem with the rostrum or track. Their problem is a group of 30ish kids going up onto the rostrum and throwing stones into their garden/ at their windows.
Now one suggested solution was to move the rostrum to the otherside of the track. However, this was only a suggestion, and at no point was it to be moved this week, that was just rumors.
The residents are now in disscussion with Steve and Dianne and I believe they are in the process of trying to fund a better solution. We will see what happens, but I don't think we will see the rostrum or club going anywhere soon.
PS. Racing this Sunday (10/9/06) Outdoors.
Track set up will start at 11 am please attend as the more who help the more track time you will be able to get and the meeting will start around 12.30.
Hope to see you all there.
|