View Single Post
  #16  
Old 07-09-2006
super__dan's Avatar
super__dan super__dan is offline
#1 ZX5 fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,482
Default

I've been speaking to Steve a bit over the last few days. Seems the housing building company promised the buyers of the houses that the rostrum would be moved and maybe then some, they basically told them whatever they wanted to hear. However at no point did they contact the club.

We were intially very worried by all this but actually hope to turn this negative into a positive. If the company were to insist the container were to be moved we hope to get some compensation from them. Firstly and foremost the container would need to go on a base at least as good as the one it's currently on. However we might be able to get them to make some improvements like;

Fence round the side and back of the rostrum with a gate so you can seal it off.
Build a fence round the track.
Level the area where the container was to allow us to extend the track.
Relay the straight to the opposite side and astroturf it.

As an aside this year has highlighted how the VERY small Batley commitee has at time struggled. Now I didn't realise how small the committee actually is, I think there is Dianne and Steve and 2 others who you might not realise are on the commitee now. Lots of the people that help out are not commitee members at all (John Price, Tom etc)

However with Dianne ill (we all hope she gets better, and I don't mean so she can come back racing) we shouldn't rely on her having time and Steve wants to be come less involved the club NEEDS people to committ some time, energy etc and put their names forward for the commitee.

Steve has asked me and my initial reaction is no but seriously if we don't then the club will fold, end of, defo! Some of us have talked about putting some time in this winter in track improvements and so being on the commitee would be a good idea for us. I really hope a few of us will bite the bullit and get properly involved, I won't do this by myself but if a group of us can take it on then I think we can make the track dialled for next year.

Dan
__________________


Nortech is ACE!
Reply With Quote