Thread: One-way or Diff
View Single Post
  #2  
Old 21-09-2006
sosidge's Avatar
sosidge sosidge is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awa0 View Post
This year was my first one racing with a 4wd car (I previously raced 2wd for 8 years), and I have a problem.

I don't know when I must mount the one-way or the ball diff at front.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.
Not really a question of "must", more how it feels to you, and how the laptimes are.

Very basically, the one-way will give more steering. Downside is a loss of stability if the grip is low. Also, the front one-way gets put under a lot of strain on very bumpy tracks or if you clip the markings, whereas the diff is much more forgiving mechanically.

Don't forget that the ZX-5 has a centre one-way option too.

From my experience the car runs a lot better with the centre one-way than with the centre locked. I've only run the diff up front.

Some people like the front one-way, so why not give it a try!
Reply With Quote