Quote:
Originally Posted by outspaced
Thanks for the comments, A.J.
I'm sure I will be upgrading this car extensively- I bought it to tinker with as much as drive, and I've already began reading up on the tech that you have mentioned. I will probably order the slipper clutch asap so that when I upgrade the motor I'll be ready to go.
One or two questions, I opted for the Viper Eco20 ESc. That means that it can take any motor of 20 turns or above, right? Would I ever want/need a motor of fewer turns if I'm not going to be competing?
|
The Viper Esc i don't recall ever hearing about, but that really doesn't mean much since there are many different brands of ESC's on the market. Im sure it will suit you quite well, although it's capabilities of of handling motors below 20 turns won't happen. Considering you are just getting back into the hobby it wasn't the worst choice you could have made. Everyone in the R/C world is different. I personally prefer a balls to the wall setup, and it also helps to run a motor with a lower motor turn than you would have in a 2wd vehicle. Are you from the states? If so i have 2 Futaba ESC's, one which is brand new and the other slightly used. I have no use for these anymore since i now run brushless so if you would like to look into buying one of them i can throw it your way for short money. One thing to keep in mind about RC is that in this hobby you pay for what you get. It always pays off to spend the extra money for any piece of equipment, whether it's electronics, motors, and even hop up parts.