View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Ok, i'll take a stab at this (quite sad that i know it - but hey ho!!)

Think there was a "Cat XL" between the origonal car and the XLS. Romsey worlds that Masami won was 87 i think, not sure on car spec, but don't think it was SWB.

Procat was late '89 i think at launch. I seem to remember there being a "Procat SE" that had a slipper clutch and the then "new" Vari shocks. I'm gonna guess 91, but not sure.

I think Bosscat was 92, and followed by "Bosscat Works" in early 93.

Cat 2000 was launched in something like October of 93. Think there was an un-oficial "94 spec" that had a few revisions quite early on. Cat EC was 95, just before start of outdoor season i think. Think Craig won a Euros in Rauma, Finland with EC.

Cat SE came early 97 i think, basiclaly an EC with new diffs, driveshafts and shorter front shocks (which didn't work!!!). Cat 98 then came late 97 i think - for the 98 season!! Back to EC front end, but side saddle chassis.

Cat 3000 came around 2000 i think. Not really a development of the 98. Only bits really carried over were diffs and driveshafts i think. There was then a revision after a year or so with longer shocks and revised chassis. No one in UK ran the longer shocks!