View Single Post
  #9  
Old 07-02-2009
Gnarly Old Dog's Avatar
Gnarly Old Dog Gnarly Old Dog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A Small Insignificant Blue Green Planet
Posts: 571
Default

Being a 'Home-Counties-on-vacation' racer, I had to find myself a new regional home last year and, despite Trevor Brown's best efforts with the EoE, the South East is closer and that's where I ended up.

I've got to say that the Faversham regionals were excellent in 08. I loved the track but even more so, I thought the club organisation, their friendliness and their obvious desire to see youngsters racing was top notch.

I hope to see more 'club' racers at the SE regionals this year. I disagree that the series enforces any extra cost over club racing - it can be just a day out at a different track but the excitement of driving somewhere different is definitely worth experiencing.
Agreed you can go mad with the cost of racing but you don't have to. I ran the entire regional and national 2WD series last year with 1 motor that NEVER came out of my car. I used 4 packs of cells and generally needed only 1 set of tyres per national (which could then be run at the regionals).

I miss the old South of Watford leagues and the inter club-rivalry that they, and the clubmans finals used to generate but the regional series is a fantastic opportunity for anyone to 'grow' beyond a single club and I would recommend them to anyone - especially youngsters.

If you're worried about not knowing anyone then come over and make yourself known - we don't bite (well, most of us) and if you need any help or set up advice, you'll find a wealth of knowledge just waiting to be tapped.

Come over and say hi to an old dog in 09 ;-)
Reply With Quote