View Single Post
  #12  
Old 07-02-2009
Minster68's Avatar
Minster68 Minster68 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 94
Default

In answer to " what can we do to help", I think any youngster in our sport is of the X-Box or Playstation age. By youngster I mean under 19's. Fast reactions and good eye to thumb coordination is a given. How else are they going to kill that alien in Gears of War II or lift that trophy in Gran Turismo..

Being able to drive an RC car is very close to second nature for these whipper snappers, but what they lack is the skill to set the car up. It's the knowledge of what to change and when, on the car that will take them to higher levels of our sport.

Faversham is certainly great at helping it's younger and older members with both car set up and maintenance. I've seen many of the top drivers helping out with repairs and set ups. Not something that I have always seem, at some of the clubs that I have been to.

So what can we do to help? Keep our clubs friendly, carry on being open and helping with repairs and set ups.

As the saying goes, "Knowledge is power", lets give our younger members that power..

Big G.
Reply With Quote