View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009
Mad Member

I personally think we need to make R/C Racing Cool or Hip Hop for the youngsters.... Not only that but as has already been mentioned by some on here, travelling is an issue. Perhaps parents don't have the time nowadays or have to work extra due to the current fanancial situations.

One thing you never see now are Race meetings at shows ???? I personally used to attend plenty of these when i was a lad, and the amount of families who used to watch was great. If you managed to get 2 racers from a show then it is an increase!!!

What about going into schools and doing some demonstrations or showing videos, handing out magazines etc......
But remember to keep it cool/hip hop..... bodyshells with DJ Ionic on it or N Dubz, Big jumps for the off road cars, a couple of drifter cars with all the neons etc.... Make it appeal to them.
(I'm not into any of the above musical artists, so please don't criticise. Just doing some research)

I applaud Mr Church for taking on the role of PRO, but i often wonder if we actually do enough to promote the hobby ???

It's not the big meetings that will bring in new Racers..... Yes they are great spectacle's and would be great on TV, which RC Racing is doing quite a good job (pretty much the same events shown in my eyes). The magazines are great and provide reports and tips etc for drivers.
I do still think we tend to focus more on the estabilished drivers though!! Take Racer Magazine for instance, for the 10th National reports they do the driver part, great idea and gives you some idea about the racers. Why not do a top driver and then a newbie.... find out what they like in R/C, etc...etc

So many ideas and im sure people have plenty more, get them down for the new PRO too look through and give him a helping hand. I do feel DC is the sort of guy who will look to improve the sport.

Anyway........