View Single Post
  #16  
Old 10-08-2009
DerbyDan's Avatar
DerbyDan DerbyDan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northants
Posts: 637
Default

I missed out on the whole Rough Rider & Sand Scorcher thing when I was younger.... the Hornet was my first R/C car, so I guess I find the whole excitement surrounding the re-release & the cost of the originals rather bemusing!

Anyway.. I do love the look of the Sand Scorcher & RR - with itheir scale-like VW-esque front beam suspension, Thing is, how do they drive? Judging by the metal cast components they must be heavy beasts - I would love to hear how they handle compared to modern 1/10th electric buggy. Has anyone fitted a brushless system into one?

Tis a shame that looking through the showrooms on TamiyaClub it seems few people actually drive their old Tamiyas.... or even build them!
Reply With Quote