View Single Post
  #19  
Old 05-09-2009
DaveG28's Avatar
DaveG28 DaveG28 is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 3,736
Default

Swiss, I run the losi 8E2 with 4s battery, 2100kv motor on 14/45 (don't know the final ratio sorry!). It's bloody quick round a lap (hence me starting the thread wondering if it's got a big advantage!), it's especially good around twisty bits and on short/medium length straights, but not so hot on top end, which luckily is hardly any time disadvantage as not many places have long straights! I don't want anyone getting the impression I think electric is a disadvantage, I am coming from the opposite point of view, I think it's an advantage, but can't work out how much and haven't really considered electric could be more forgiving (I haven't driven nitro, just assumed a side effect of the clutch would be to make it more forgiving!)

Chris, I am there tomorrow, and it will be interesting to see your driving style, I still don't get the whole throttle blip thing to be honest, my only experience of similar clutches is karting from donkey's years ago and my vague memory of that was that blipping would be the wrong way to go, better to hit the throttle once and early and try to get it to then "bite" at the right time, but wondering if my memory is wrong! Also, if nitro's have a nasty torque curve then I can see it may be very difficult to use that method!
Reply With Quote