Thread: Do Gooders
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Forget for one moment any of the past threads and anything to do with Stampy. Im talking in general here .....

I`ve had several young school leavers train along side me in my job. Of four trainees, only one could read and write to any standard. Im not talking about reciting Shakespeare here, just basic stuff. These lads were 18 years old plus school leavers. What the feck have they been doing for the past 15 years or so ?

Now, is it just me or does anyone else get bored of listening to people play the Dyslexic card? I dont doubt for one second that some folk far less fortunate than myself are afflicted with this condition. However, it does feel a little like many use it as an excuse for being a little lacking in grey matter or social skills in general.
Lets say for arguments sake that 1 in 20 are affected to some degree - i dont know, why is it everyone whos lacking in some way tags themselves with it as an excuse ? it drives me mad.

As i am told and understand it, it means that if affects your ability to read and write. Fair enough. That excuses the layout. What medical term can you come up with to excuse the content ( or lack of ) and timing ?

I am less tolerant than some on here, i know that. This isnt aimed at any idividual or Oopler, im taking of society in general.
You are right mate that way too many people say they have it/are told they have it than is really the case! I don't know on here of anyone who has it for sure, but normally when someone can't type at all but has a clear sentence structure etc in person there is at least a chance of it!

I just think it's gone too far now and don't see why people can't leave it be if they don't like what this person posts!