Thread: novak brushless
View Single Post
  #2  
Old 16-05-2007
markwilliamson2001's Avatar
markwilliamson2001 markwilliamson2001 is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ledbury, Herefordshire
Posts: 1,889
Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001
Default

Hi,

I have just purchased a Novak Velociti 6.5 Brushless system after doing a lot of research into brushless systems and motors. Their seems to be two 'levels' of brushless kit from novak.

1) The SS (Super Sport) Systems that came out first were novaks first attempt at brushless and were really not meant for heavy competition use, but do provide virtually no maintenance or performance drop off. The 13.5 system is equivelent to approximately a 19turn or Stock. Their are faster motors available for them 10.5 and 8.5 which you maybe interested in for club level/weekly race meetings.

2) The Velociti Systems work from 7.5 to 4.5 (I think) and the R motors/systems come with the sintered rotors/magnets which improve cooling/braking/performance and longevity. If you are racing at regional or higher level then I would recommend one of these motors (the 7.5 or 6.5 just as a starting point) with the sintered rotor as well. I have bought a sintered rotor to go into my motor.

3) Make sure you use the fan supplied with the speedo as the cooler the better (so I have been told).

HTH
Mark
Reply With Quote