Quote:
Originally Posted by smOkin
Good idea, the only problem is stopping bad advice!
|
Its a really good point Smokin, I feel that the this is relevant across all forums and we should all feel a responsibility to 'police' these situations. If people give bad advice (and its not based on a difference of opinion) others should politely inform them and correct their errors.
The only way any of us have learnt, or for that matter can continue learning is to share experiences, share practical happenings, and be humble enough to ask our peers when we need some help.
All comments so far are equally valid and I am happy to see that people are generally responding well to my suggestion. I fully understand the concerns of some regarding the suggested section not being accessed by more experienced users, but I may speak for others here when I say, a lot of people use forums to share info and I believe there are enough users who enjoy this element enough to give the new section plenty of feedback. Also the section would have say...4 main 'sticky threads' that cover the stuff that gets asked literally every day. A one stop answer place for those needing very basic info
Bad advice exists everywhere these days, I still see manufacturers giving terrible advice on occassions

We are all able to go with general, well informed answers if we first realise that the information we all read and collect over the internet is often submitted by people who are much like ourselves, enthusiasts and fans of what is a fairly underground hobby still even in 2011.
Keep the debate going guys as I feel we really owe it to the grass roots of this amazing sport to show a united front in supporting and welcoming new comers in their own dedicated section.