Thread: Arena X Round 5
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro View Post
With hindsight I'm inclinded to agree, but the problem with running less than ten car finals is that the drivers you "demote" to the B final then never have a chance of getting the hundred points so basically isn't fair.

I think in this situation it was just unlucky. The designated marshal for the table top had is hands full and the nearest marshal stepped in to help as you would expect at this level of competition... But as you say two marshalls on a 4ft square tabletop diesn't leave a lot of room for the cars!!

I'm glad everybody had a good day, it seriously was a good track again!

Hiya bud,

No worries at all, just constructive critisism thats all, all in all i had a great day and thought the layout was superb

As far as it not being fair, well it kind of defeats the object of qualifying if everyone gains automatic A Final position and maximum points opportunity. I see where you`re coming from though when there were only 11 cars using the control tyres. Probably would have done just what you did if i was running the meeting at the time.

Now with the benefit of hindsight perhaps a reduced grid and points allocation modification is the best option for future rounds ?

I have collected someone myself whilst marshalling, sometimes its unavoidable. It was chaos , 4 shoes and two crashed cars on a 4ft drop off that you had to hit with speed or else you dropped into the gap as i found out

See you at the regionals, thanks again for your efforts

See My Feedback