View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sv1keith View Post
It's all a bit much don't you all think ,so how can the new drivers in clubman class learn to pick up the pace and learn when you want an intermediate class with no experience in the race at all I thought the hole idea of clubman class was entry level into racing , if you are all concerned about being held up in it and you think you are fast enough take the plunge into modified so your pace won't be hampered , I'm quiet happy in clubman class with my son and we are learning and what we have accomplished in 3 months is quiet remarkable , but we hope to achieve a good pace by the end of the year and progress into modified by this time next year or if not before hand , all I'm going to say is roll on the summer so we can get some serious racing done and excuse me if I am being blunt

Keith Harris
Hi Keith,

I agree with what you are saying.

Seems to be two proposals:

1. Create an intermediate class (I don't agree with this)

2. Classify clubman drivers, we still all race together but in the one race you could have two winners, one in each class and two 2nds etc.

With option 2 your concern of not being able to run with quicker clubman racers is sorted.

I can only speak for myself but I was not suggesting that these changes be made because slower drivers get in my way. It was an attempt to be fair to beginner drivers so they have a chance to win within their own class.

Hope this make sense!!

Kevin