Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
  #2796  
Old 29-03-2012
oosh123's Avatar
oosh123 oosh123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 336
Default

After studying the layshaft, I realized that my design won't work.

Although the lazer is a 4wd, it's not a 4w brake. While pressing on the brake, only the rear wheels brake. When you are braking, your spur gear and slipper slows down, then your slipper plate. When your slipper plate slows down the pulley which is attached to the slipper plate slows down. If you have a normal lazer, your rear one way bearing will help. But if you are using a LAW-4, your braking relies on the slipper pad and plate. I hope I am being clear about this.

That being said, if you detach your slipper plate with your rear pulley, you will have no brakes at all.

I know welshy doesn't want to use brakes but I want the ability to do so.

I will think of another way, meanwhile let's wait for alcyon
__________________
Kyosho Lazer ZX-RS
Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC - Vega
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
Reply With Quote