Okay, I have 2 solutions. No offence alcyon I don't want to steal your thunder by designing another layshaft. But I do believe these 2 solutions are more economic.
The first solution is the one I posted a few pages back. 2 fixed pulleys bind to the layshaft with setscrews. This solution will give you all time 4wd and 4w brakes. I do believe the belts will be very stressful.
If you want to keep the original kyosho concept to have only rear brakes + reversibility + LAW-4's properties. The second option is your choice.
The pulley that is furthest to the spur is a front rolling one way pulley and the pulley that is closer to the spur will have a fixed pulley binded to the layshaft with setscrews.
let me do a little explaination. First off, when you accelerate, you will get 4wd. Your spur + slipper pad + slipper plate will power the layshaft, rotating the fixed pulley & the one way pulley (which gives you 50/50 4wd). When you brake, your spur + pad + plate slows down, but it will only slow down your fixed pulley (which give you rear brakes). Finally, with the same idea as braking. When you reverse, only your fixed pulley rotates backwards. Rwd when reversing is the same as a normal lazer (giving your lazer reversiblility).
How's that? and it will only cost ~$90 USD / 56 quids for all the components (I am learning the lingo as well). All you need to buy from me is the layshaft and you can call kyosho & 3racing for the other parts.
Thank you Liam for finding the pulley for us. If only the side plates of the pulley is blue.
I will try and build both of the layshafts and test them thoroughly.
__________________
Kyosho Lazer ZX-RS
Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC - Vega
Kyosho Mad Force Kruiser VE
Kyosho TF6 SP
Kyosho Plazma Ra
|