View Single Post
  #538  
Old 02-04-2012
jamesg jamesg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
All sound like common sense, not sure how you'd police bearings any team running last years car is going to replace them and now way of telling whats inside. Thinking about buying a complete car set from RCBearings as its cheaper than buying a load of pairs of HPI ones unless they come as part of the refresh kit

Jason
Fair point mate and I've just checked online as we could do with some spare bearings, the HPI original kit bearings are like rocking horse ****.

I suppose John will just have to ask and trust that teams use standard rubber shielded metal bearings if replacing the kit ones. I'm sure this was how we rolled (ha!) last time unless anyone emailed John and justified a set of £90 ceramic bearings on the sly. But this is the point I was trying to make, with the way it worked last year, although a little extreme the other teams would be non the wiser.

I've never been on RCBearings, just had a look - £13.20 for a full set. Cheers Jason, good shout.
Reply With Quote