Quote:
Originally Posted by oosh123
my version of layshaft's design should be ready tomorrow.
a prototype should be able to be manufactured by the end of the week.
There will be a few changes to my original design as upon recieving the B4 slipper plates, I found out that the B4 uses a larger diameter shaft.
Welshy, why don't you try counter sinking the bottom of the pivot block & tap your filed shaft. This way, your can mount your pivot block on your gear box from the bottom first, then mount the lower chassis to the pivot block.
|
Cant wait for the layshaft, as I need one to fully test my gearbox.
Looks is what I am after as well so rather have a cut out in the middle (like a U bend in the centre of the bottom of the pivot block so a nut can go in there and the small headed screw will go in at the top through the pole stiffener so will be more appealing to the eye.
Im doing a cad drawing and will JPEG it for you. Maybe you could get an alloy one made.