View Single Post
  #20  
Old 02-02-2013
knighthawk's Avatar
knighthawk knighthawk is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Wiltshire
Posts: 1,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispattinson View Post
I switched to the Speed Passion Reventon Pro from Lrp sxx v1s. The Reventon is very smooth, fast and adjustable, with great brakes. I do need to run the fan in 4wd with a 5.5 , but not in 2wd with 6.5.
Great driveability with this speedo, and plenty of setups from the speed passion guys.
Both programming card and pc software work fine.

I also changed from a LRP SXX V2 TC Spec ESC, had two fitted to my 2wd/4wd with 6.5 / 8.5 motors, basically LRP after-sale's was shite, they had a problem with the BEC board, knew it but didn't want to know it or fix it, just wanted me to wait for stock of the new boards then charge me for their known faults !

Jumped to Speed Passion Reventon Pro's when they came out with their V3 Motor's as well.
They did had a couple teething problems at the start as it was a brand new in house design and it took a couple software updates to get things right, now all is OK, Reports of faults were taken in and fixed with the next update. Team drivers were on hand for advice and setups.

It's smooth through the rev range, great brakes, runs cool and so adjustable compared to the LRP's. Wouldn't look at another ESC at the moment, SP Tech's have answered all my questions when asked.

I do run a Hobbywing in my Losi Mini 8, but if I could fit a Speed Passion in then I would !!

Just my two pennies worth
__________________
Schumacher
Speed Passion
Futaba
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Reply With Quote