View Single Post
  #13  
Old 04-03-2013
Kelk's Avatar
Kelk Kelk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 587
Default

Hi all

Haven't posted in here in a while but I thought I'd give a summary of the only time I've taken it out since we last updated this post.

The under lipo weight went in and it has helped a lot, far less battling the rear end out of corners and the truck does feel far more settled. So much so I've just ordered the same for the buggy to try that.

I haven't dremeled the pistons as yet - that's more of a case of having the time to do it rather than lack of intent.

I have tried the A spec dboots and they were fantastic and with schuey blues up front the car was more predictable and power came on a lot earlier.

Given I was the only truck out there (the only truck in the village if you will) I expected to only beat a few buggies from beginners etc as the gearing is obviously lower in the truck compared to the buggy.

But guess what - not only was I holding my own quite well, I won one of the heats and ended up 2nd on the grid for the B final. Admittedly it was a quitish night with about 8 cars / final but I was chuffed with that. I finished 3rd that night

More work to come and more time to be spent with the truck

The good news is that
__________________
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Reply With Quote