View Single Post
  #8  
Old 10-03-2013
Origineelreclamebord's Avatar
Origineelreclamebord Origineelreclamebord is offline
Mad Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,571
Default

Thanks for the suggestions guys

One of the reasons I don't use acetone is because I live with 6 students in 1 house, and my room covers just under 20 square metres. I've got no proper place to keep the stuff without killing brain cells (probably mine whereever I put the stuff as the fumes will end up upstairs at my room) I found boiling to be nearly odor-free and worked for me so far.

@bodgit: Thanks for the link It looks very promising. I did find some info that Hydrogen Peroxide has the potential to damage/weaken Nylon even in low concentrations, but I don't know by how much... so I'm going to read myself into that a bit more as those pictures do show quite an amazing result!

In the meantime I did some searching too... I found whiteners/brighteners for laundry/clothing, I'll have a good look at the contents of that I also found some sources mentioning the use of lemon juice+sunlight to re-whiten nylon. I haven't had the time to look into the bleach but it's worth looking into as well.

And in the end... I will just give one or two methods a shot
Reply With Quote