View Single Post
  #5  
Old 25-03-2013
GrahamH7060's Avatar
GrahamH7060 GrahamH7060 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodbridge , Suffolk
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'caster master View Post
The 210 wheel axle boots are a joke, the just come off straight away, ridiculous how they even sell them. I was wondering if you can use the 410 boots on the 210 and if they work ok?
True they are a joke ! I put them on , by the time I'd taken the car off the car stand and onto my workbench they had both fallen off !

I didn't bother undoing everything either to get them off , just cut them off with some sharp scissors !

I did use to put some axle grease in the cv joint to aid running and quieten the transmission down a bit , but after racing at Herts the other week it just attracted the sand from the astro , so after cleaning my car again the cv joints that aren't covered with boots are running "dry"

Overall though , the shock boots and Outdrive boots work really well and I full set lasted me almost a full season so I think they are worth the time and effort , if it helps I also use some long nose pliers to apply the cv boots, put the points of the pliers inside the boot and open out the handles then insert the driveshaft , it's a little fiddly but a lot easier than trying to stretch them over the dog bones !
__________________
Associated B6.1 & B74.2
Lots of bling bits
Reedy electrics
KO Propo Espirit 4 stick radio

Dji Mavic Air2S
All round gadget freak !
Reply With Quote