View Single Post
Old 30-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquit1 View Post
Hi there, My name is Kevin and for fathers day this year the Mrs and kids got me a brushless ftx vantage buggy (miles better than a 4 pack of beers and some new under crackers). I've already been down on a Thursday to scout the place out and talk to a few of the regulars (who were very helpful and a credit to your club). However one of the things that instantly became apparent is that my car is not as quick, my driving is not as good and I have a lot less spares and other equipment than all of the guys there have.
It really doesn't matter - we all have to start somewhere and you ought to be aware all of us started where you are now and those you see with tables, boxes of spares etc etc all had comparatively little when we started.

Quote:
Are there people there that have lower spec cars like mine
Yes[/QUOTE]

Quote:
(or a good car but can't drive it to save there life)?
There's a list of us just like that

Quote:
Also would it be possible to get there at 6:30 on the dot and put my car round the track a few times but not take part in the races as I'll only get in the way
No such thing as getting in the way - its all about experience but there is always open practise at the beigging of every night

Quote:
and don't want to cause a crash with somebody's prize 22,
22's are tougher than nails and they should be able to drive round you anyway
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc