View Single Post
  #2  
Old 21-12-2007
Chrislong's Avatar
Chrislong Chrislong is offline
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bury
Posts: 4,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
I would presume that the bottom end of an L is lot tamer than an R? Making it better for low grip conditions where you are still required to have alot of speed??
Correct!
In comparison, if a 5.5R feels like a 9x1, then the 5.5L feels like a 9x4.

If I was running a 5.5R in my car, then went to another track which was slippier, in the past I would have gone to a 6.5R to tame it, but now we have the 5.5L I would be able to use this, and it becomes very driveable in low grip yet top speed is still as quick as the R.

But, as it happens, I always find the 5.5R too aggressive for 2wd anyway so I run the 5.5L almost exclusively.

Chris
__________________
JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares JESpares
www.jespares.com
Reply With Quote