View Single Post
  #7  
Old 16-09-2013
U1timate PigDog U1timate PigDog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Doncaster
Posts: 528
Default

Hey,

I agree with AndyS remove the stuff youve got at the moment and start a fresh (the humbrol stuff isn't great for this application, a friend also tried it )

I brush my liquid mask (I also use RCS liquid mask) I start with the usual washing the body etc and then I apply a thinnish coat using a soft bristled brush (I find a 1in brush is about right), Dry with Hair dryer (on hot/warm) setting until it is dry (takes a min or so) then repeat for approx 4 layers.

I then leave the last coat overnight before cutting and painting. Done right this leaves a preety smooth and even coat that removes with ease.

Personally I wouldnt spray liquid mask on with the same brush I was airbrushing with (IMO the brush is much too small, I think a cheap air gun maybe better for this?)

Best of Luck
Reply With Quote