View Single Post
Old 24-02-2014

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.

No guys, let's not question whether other classes are running as per rules. If they aren't they should be. This was more about enquiring if people would be up for a one off relaxing of the gentleman's agreement as opposed to going against any rules that are in place. The Clubman rules are plenty flexible, people end up running on blinky or limiting throttle to ensure close racing because they want to, but those aren't the rules.

The limit for Clubman is 10T and there are no timing or boost restrictions as far as I understand, that's moderately quick. But most people run 13.5T with zero timing. They do so because they want to race close to someone else, that's all. All I was asking was if people would be happy to forget about that for one round simply to see the plastic junk boxes go fast.

Anyway, the point of asking was to gauge response and there seems to be considerable resistance to any more speed in Clubman. Which is fine, if a plastic fantastic car driver wants to run with of added timing then TC is the place to do it.