View Single Post
Old 19-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'd agree with what's been said so far, when I came down to race I thought the surface was spot on.

The whole point of sugaring tracks is to stop them breaking up and keep grip levels consistent throughout the meeting, Storm didn't have either of these problems when I came to race.

As has been mentioned tyre wear will go up a lot as the grip comes up. From my experience racing on blue/black groove in the US it can get to the point of a set a run then bin, this would definitely put people off! One of the best bits about the surface as it is is that people don't have to shell out for tyres they can't use elsewhere, and if the tyres last a few meetings it's not a big investment for one or two meetings to come and try the track out.

I'd also agree on the jumps being a bit less aggressive, although I know they have been skimmed down to be a bit less vertical since I came. I quite liked the challenge of making sure you had to get a decent exit from the corner before to make some jumps rather than being able to squirt from the base of the jump and make it easily like most jumps we have over here, but I can see how people could struggle with 2wd.

I vote no