Thread: Team Tekin Q&A
View Single Post
  #1743  
Old 21-05-2014
Jason B Jason B is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Hi,

Grateful for some set up advice for my RSX and my new gen 2 Tekin 6.5 motor. I have seen the set up charts on the Tekin website but they differ so much from my RS Pro settings I really could do with a starting point.
I run a Durango DEX410 v4 and my current set up for the RS Pro is as follows:

Gearing 21/87 – Novak 6.5 (Ballistic)
Dual mode (forward/brake only)
Drag brake 10
Starting RPM 3150
End RPM 20016
Throttle profile 3
Current limit 90
Throttle Minimum 3
Push control off
Brake Strength 90
Neutral width 5
Voltage cut off 2S
Timing advance 80
Brake minimum 0
Active brake off

The above is good apart from the motor heat which can be in the mid to high 80s celsius so whilst I would like a similar base set up for mid - high grip tracks, I would like the motor to be a bit cooler. I do notice that 6.5s seem to be geared at 20 (I have always geared at 21 for several years with different speedos as well) and not dual mode on the RSX so grateful for some specific pointers so can then tune the speedo.
Cheer!

Jason

Last edited by Jason B; 21-05-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote