Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlandchris
Hi Phil,
Welcome to oople and also back to rc. I returned approx 6months ago after a similar layoff. I am not far from you, so also attend Batley and thy are a friendly bunch who would welcome you.
Currently at Batley the cars tend to be mainly 2wd and the makes cover yokomo bmax2, associated b5m, durango 210, plus losi etc. not many team c or hobao that I've noticed.
I'd suggest coming down and talking to folks there as you will get different advice from every racer you ask.
Modelsport in otley are great as are mb models in leeds, but there are many on line shops who can also supply very quickly. Hobbyking website is crazy cheap and stuff seems pretty good.
Tomorrow is the supercup at batley so should be a good day to visit.
Hope to see you there
Chris
|
hey chris - thanks for that - I'm off to look at hobbyking now to see what there is

what time is the supercup tomorrow, I don't think I will make it as I do have to work tomorrow but you never know, but I will keep an eye on things here as I checked out a few youtube vids and the outdoor buggy track looks fun for sure
what kind of price am I looking to spend for a decent car, and what 'extra's' do I need to get apart from a spare battery or 2

regards
Phil