View Single Post
  #9  
Old 18-09-2014
D&LA's Avatar
D&LA D&LA is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks gents, as a bit of history on the tomy it was provided by top gear models and samifran racing when I was sponsored by them back 91/92 With spares support from Tomy Japan - even have my tomy racing team tshirt somewhere with an intruder picture on the front!
As I remember their were 3 or 4 top gear drivers (the uk distributor) backed by Tomy, one in Scotland who I never met, but working with the guy in the south (I have forgotten his name unfortunately) we did a couple of nationals together and got the cars going really well, with a few modifications! especially with the centre gears (we would strip teeth for fun until we worked out the fix) diff and rear shock mounts were also upgraded, and those lovely red wheels would breakup so white yokomos were the answer. even for use spares from japan were a real problem.
The intruder was always really stable and fast in a straight line the drive train made a great noise when flat out, I was running b&r signature motors and glyns cells through Samifran at the time.
We did change some perceptions of the car their was always the toy jokes until we blew the jokers doors off the main downside for me was that it didn't turn in fast enough on some of the grass tracks of the time unlike the cats and even well sorted yokomos! So I must admit I ran a procat at tracks where the tomy struggled. Think I was third in the NW 4wd that year behind pete Hastings and Craig dresher - damn yokomos! (did win the 2wd nw title though that year)
Reply With Quote